Thirteen things I want to do.
1. Lose ten pounds.
2. Visit Montana again, especially Madison Valley.
3. Ride in a hot air balloon.
4. Lose 15 pounds.
5. Live long enough to draw my ex's social security.
6. Finish my flooring.
7. Paint my living room.
8. Be able to dance again.
9. See my old friend Larry.
10.See my old friend Pam.
11.Go to the Oregon coast for a vacation.
12.Go to a Nascar race.
13.Lose 16 pounds.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thirteen things I want to do.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Why in the world would they send a letter, so it arrives on Saturday.
'Greetings, we found something when we squashed your tits and now we need to do it again. Please call to make an appointment.'
It's Saturday!!!!! Why do I need to worry about this all weekend.
If in fact it was 'SOMETHING' don't you think they would have picked up the phone and called me? Screaming, "Oh My God, you got to get in here as soon as possible."
The envelope wasn't even marked "urgent" like the letters I get when they are trying to sell me a hearing aide.
Sometimes those letters come with an
offer to 'have dinner on them', if only, I will come and listen to their speel on how this product is going to change my life.
This letter has no invitation to dinner, no offer to change my life, even though it could!
Friday, June 22, 2007
My dear friend Margie called on Wednesday eve with one of her brilliant ideas.
Janet, she says, do you think we can shorten my bookcase.
Margie recently had a wall a/c installed, now Margie likes her house just so-so.
I don't like where it's at, she says, I want it to set under the a/c, and it's too tall, .
We discussed the fact that it would probably not be very stable.
I still want to try, she says.
So the next afternoon we proceeded to cut that thing apart.
I took my trusty new jig saw and we cut the bottom off up to to first shelf... Sure enough it worked.
So I helped her move it back into place we patted our selves on the back and departed.
Later that evening my friend Margie called laughing her ass off. I was just dusting it, she says, & it collapsed.
But I think we can put it back together though, she says.
Friday, we took that bookcase apart and rebuilt that sucker, I must say it is stronger now than it was in the beginning. Pretty proud of our selves, Margie is 76 and I am in my late 60's.
Margie and I discovered a long time ago that we can accomplish anything if we put our minds to it.
It is now Saturday morning, I haven't heard anymore about the bookcase, so that case is closed.
Posted by Janet at 3:53 PM
Thursday, June 21, 2007
I'm new at blogging, but I guess the tradition is on Thursdays you are suppose share 13 things about yourself. It might take me all day but here goes.
1. I am new at blogging, but it is getting less frustrating.
2. Getting to know my way around HTML.
3. I have a fat cat that needs a tummy tuck.
4. This morning I put potatoes on the stove to boil for potato salad, then got on the computer. About 20 minutes I smell something burning, got up looked out the window, duh. About that time the smoke detector went off. BIG DUH.
5. I can't figure out how save or to add clip art to my blog.
6. I won't give up.
7. I would like to loose weight, but I want it to be easy.
8. The banks hidden charges.
9. My neighbors dog that barks at the drop of a hat.
10. Bought stuff to kill the earwigs that are eating my garden, now the earth worms are dying.
11. Can't find the dip stick on my power steering fluid.
12. The month last longer than the money.
13. I did it, the first of my 13 things post. Wasn't frustrating at all.
Posted by Janet at 12:15 PM
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Finished and mailed my first Granny Square block today for Helping Kids With Cancer.
This took all of 20 minutes to make, took me longer than that to find the crochet hook. I'm a little out of practice, but it comes back quickly. So get out your scraps and let's crochet our hearts out for this good cause. You will find the instuctions and pattern at the link below.
If the Helping Kids with Cancer link below does work, click the link on the side bar.
Posted by Janet at 2:23 PM
Saturday, June 16, 2007
I have been trying to get picture of this guy for weeks now.
At 6:00 AM this morning mission accomplished.
Posted by Janet at 6:17 PM
Friday, June 15, 2007
like this one on Pratter Mountain.
Or this one on Cottonwood Point.
for a cool drink of water.
There must have been a lot of miles put on
the car, that summer of 1950.
and the summer of 1950, we all agree it was a
wonderful summer none of us have ever forgotten..
What a treat to find and old friend.
This is David today with his wife of 56 years.
Posted by Janet at 10:19 AM